one of the books I remember fondly is a book with a compilation of 'Dear God letters'. It contained questions from young people all over the world, addressed to God.
The only question I remember off the top of my head is 'Dear God, do you have a wife?' (how typical!) Some of the letters were funny, heartwarming, ridiculous (to adults), etc. But they were all innocent, honest and very pertinent.
Thanks to our dear friend Google, I found the book. It is 'Children's Letters to God' by Stuart Hample and Eric Marshall. I think it would make a great gift for any child you know who loves to read.
Some of my favourite letters were;
|proof to support Eugene's letter|
- Dear God, I didn't think orange went with purple until I saw the sunset you made on tuesday. That was cool!...Eugene
- Dear God, I went to a wedding and they kissed right in church. Is that okay?... Neil
- Dear God, What does it mean you're a jealous God? I thought you had everything... Robert
- Dear God, I think about you sometimes, even when I'm not praying... Elliot
- Dear God, In Sunday school, they told us what You do. Who does it when you're on vacation?... Jane
- Dear God, Why doesn't every Christian die old and in their sleep?
- Dear God, If you are coming soon, why do we have to do hard stuff like go to school and work? (I know the practical answer to this... but what's the point?)
- Dear God, Why are there more women than men in the world? Is it true that you never intended a one to one mapping?
- Dear God, Are you our heavenly FATHER not mother cos the earthly mothers do an adequate job whilst the fathers...
- Dear God, why do you allow good people to die young whilst some evil men remain?