Monday, January 31, 2011

Bits and Pieces from here and there...

This is a rather random piece, with bits and pieces from all over...

# Lesson Learnt:
No matter how strong/hard you are, a broken heart must be given due time to heal. It should not be ignored, wished away, plastered over, prayed and fasted away, etc. Attempting to do so is like putting band-aid on an untreated sore. Sure, it will look pretty and put-together on the outside, but the wound festers within. 

# It is the 21st century but some people do not have the basic freedom to worship. The Bible is still a banned book in many places. Shame to those of us who have all the freedom and allow our bibles to collect dust on our shelves. Yes, I said us. I am guilty of this from time to time.

# Since my dreams of learning how to sew and become a closet fashion designer have been put on hold, I unleashed my creative juices on crocheting. Here is my first project *read the first project fit to be shown in public* 

# There is this issue that has been on my mind a lot this week. Your insight will be much appreciated.

Preamble: If you claim to love someone, you should either be able to accept them, with whatever religion they ascribe to, or leave them be. It is that same religion that helped mold them into the man or woman you met and fell in love with. 

Question: With Muslims believing 'Islam is the only true faith...' and Christians believing 'Jesus is the way, the truth and the life...', how do I promise to live with my spouse who I love and want the best for, accepting to never try and convert him/her? How do I say I love them, knowing(or at least, believing) the path they follow will not lead them to Heaven, Paradise, or whatever I believe man's ultimate destination should be?

(PS: I will not even attempt to extend this to friendship, that can of worms will be too big to contain)


2 comments:

  1. wow.. thats a tough one. accordin to the bible, u can be with some1 of another faith if u truly believe u can convert him to ur faith.
    if i where in ur shoes, i'll appreciate and luv him for the person he is.. while gently tryin to inform him of christianity and what it is all about. dont get aggresive like all ur intention is to convert him, just try to show him the light with love and patience.. hopefully he just may accept christianity. since he is a grown man and has probably lived all his life in Islam.. it would be hard 4 him to fully embrace a new religion.. but just give it a shot. Goodluck
    and check out my blog :)
    pweetytales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the input. I am not dating someone of another faith, though... It's a conversation with a friend which I can't get out of my mind that inspired this post. Been to your blog... left a few footsteps ;)

    ReplyDelete